Saturday 8 March 2014

LifeModel

Hello All.

A few years ago I span my head with different ideas for a part time job as I needed a bit of extra income.  Somehow the idea of posing nude in front of artist come out and I liked it as I thought it is something I could easily do. 
I lively remember it. I had to pass an audition in Richmond, after a little interview with the person who run the workshop at that time. It was through several Fridays where I would pose last hour with established models. Thinking of interesting and intriguing posses for the artists to like me, as they were very demanding and they could call me again, was the difficult part and it still is. 
Then I became a member of RAM and start working as life-model for different school of art in London.    Soon enough I have started being interested about drawing after having to listen to the same instructions over and over and looking at the drawing of students/artists.  I remembered that when I was a child Artistic drawing was a subject I liked it very much. I had good grade on it. But the fact that it was just a hour a week, was a pity!!!! 

Hola a Todos.

Hace algunos años, di vueltas a la cabeza buscando ideas de trabajos a media jornada para sacar algo mas de dinero. De alguna manera llego la idea de posar desnudo delante de artistas, aquello me gusto pues era algo que fácilmente podía hacer. 
Lo recuerdo muy bien. Tuve que pasar una audición en Richmond, después de una pequeña entrevista con la persona que llevaba el taller de pintura. Duro unos cuantos viernes donde la ultima hora posaba con modelos ya establecidos. Pensar en poses interesantes e intrigantes para que los artistas, que eran muy  exigentes, les gustaran y me volvieran a llamar, fue la parta mas difícil y todavía lo es. 
Después me hicieron miembro de la organización llamada RAM y empece a trabajar de modelo para diferentes escuelas de arte en Londres. Después de un tiempo, debido a las veces que había escuchado a los tutores las instrucciones de como se tenia que dibujar, me pico el gusanillo de hacerlo yo mismo. Recuerdo que cuando era un niño me gustaba mucho la clase de dibujo y sacaba buenas notas. La pena es que solo era una hora a la semana. 

Life-modeling at Richmond 



No comments:

Post a Comment