Saturday 7 May 2016

Georg Baselitz

Hello All.

I have discovered this artist from Germany, reading the news, as he is having an exhibition in White Cube those days in London. He is known for the person of the figures turned outside down.  Simple thing to do but at the same time so effective.  He shocked many with his painting featuring grotesque figures of men, masturbating or touching themselves.  

I did not know anything of him but I got hooked when I did a research on google, I loved what I saw. Today I am going to his exhibition in London.  He is a painter who is not afraid of using colour as he is not painting people perfect as we are not far away from it. It might be another reason why there are portrait outside down.  Telling us that, hey what are you doing? 

Hola A todos.

He descubierto un nuevo artista de Alemania, leyendo  el periódico. Hay una exposición de su arte en la galleria White Cube de Londres. El es conocido como el artistas de las figuras al revés. Una cosa muy simple de hacer pero muy efectiva.  Impresiono con una pintura de un enano masturbandose. 

No conocía nada del artista, pero me atrapo enseguida que vi fotos de tus pinturas cuando hice una búsqueda en google. Hoy voy a ir a ver la exposición. Es un pintor que no se siente intimidado por los colores, y que no dibuja personas perfectas, ya que estamos muy lejos de la perfección. Puede ser la razón por la que los situa al revés, diciéndonos pero que estáis haciendo? 













No comments:

Post a Comment